Organize content in Gain
In this article:
- Group content by status, date, formats, channels, and more
- Create content tags to group and organize content
- User calendar labels to remove important dates
Working with hundreds of posts per day can be overwhelming, especially when you want to search for a specific item. So learning how to organize content in the calendar is essential if you’re going to speed up your workflow.
You can see all planned content in a calendar, list, or gallery view. This article will discuss how you can use content tags, filters, and labels to organize your content in Gain.
Group content by status, date, formats, channels, and more.
With filters, you can display the specific content you need based on its status, content tags, post type, file type, and more. Filters will remain on as you toggle between views, or even if you log out of Gain and come back. After using filters, make sure to click Apply Filters and Reset Filters to restore content.
Filters can help in many ways:
- Reduce loading times, pulling up only the specific content you need.
- Prioritize which posts require your attention first so you can get them done quickly.
- When exporting content as PDFs or CSV files, you can filter the content relevant to your team or approvers and not the entire calendar.
- Schedule or send content for approval in bulk.
In the list and grid view, you can filter by date range and un-dated drafts. Any drafts without publishing dates will always show up in the either view. Click Undated to display them.
A few tips on how to use filters:
- Whenever there's content pending approval near its publish date, you can search by Pending Approval status and filter by the publishing date range. Select all the posts and renotify approvers.
- Filter content and then assign a task to a colleague or add a comment on multiple items.
- Use filters to show content in draft status that you can schedule or send to approval in bulk.
Create Content Tags to group and organize content
Content Tags are a great way to categorize content for easier searching and filtering. They can also be exported in PDFs or Excel files along with your posts to show approvers. An advantage of organizing content with content tags is that you can filter content using them later on.
To add a new tag, select all the content that you want to tag.
- Go to the three dots and select Content Tag.
2. Type the name of your new tag and click Create a new tag. Then, click Done.
- All your content tags will show up in Content Tags under the Workspace Settings menu, where you can see how many times you’ve used them, edit or delete them.
- To remove content tags from a specific piece of content, select the item, and then click the (x) to remove it.
Filter by Content Tags
In the list view, you can filter by content tags by hovering over the tag. Clicking it will display every post labeled with that tag.
You can also filter by several content tags by selecting ANY or ALL content tags from the filter options before applying them.
Use Calendar Labels to remember important dates.
Calendar labels are a great way to add and remember important dates, campaigns, holidays, or topics in your calendars. All users, including approvers, can see all labels at a glance across the calendar so that you can keep them up to date with your content planning efforts.
Labels can span multiple days or weeks and can be color-coded.
Hover over the day and a) select the label icon or b) select the larger label icon underneath the menu buttons to get started.
Calendar Label Details
When you’re creating a label, you can define a date range, choose a color, or include a description. You can label a day or an entire week.
Here’s how your labels will look like on the calendar:
After organizing content in your workspaces, you might want to export content to share with your team or clients that are not using Gain or keep a record of it. Learn how to export data into neat PDF files or CSVs.