Manage content in bulk
In this article:
- Duplicate content from one channel, folder, or workspace to another
- Move your files to another folder
- Reuse content in your calendar
- Schedule and un-schedule posts
- Send multiple items for approval
- Comment and assign tasks in bulk
- Export content from the calendar or list view
You can manage content in Gain with just a few clicks! Whether you’re trying to schedule one week’s worth of posts or send one month of content for approval, you can do so in bulk right from the calendar or list view. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- By applying filters to your calendar or list view, you can display the specific content you need based on its status, tags, post type, file type, and more. Filtering can make working with a ton of content easy!
- Filters will remain on as you toggle between calendar or list view, or even if you log out of Gain and come back. After you select filters, make sure to click Apply and Reset to Default to restore content once you’re through filtering.
- You can select an entire day’s worth of content with one click or use the Shift key to multiple items across numerous days.
Duplicate content from one channel, folder, or workspace to another
To get started, choose a file or social post to duplicate. Then, follow these steps:
- Click Duplicate in the action bar at the top.
Note: You can duplicate any item on your calendar or list view from the editor too.
2. Then, select the workspace(s), folder(s), or channel(s) where you’d like to duplicate in. Click Duplicate.
That’s it! Gain will save all your duplicated items as drafts on the same date and time as your original. Now, you can schedule or send them for approval.
Move your files to another folder
To move your files to another folder, select your file(s) and then click the three dots. Lastly, click Move to Folder.
Note: Moving your files to another folder doesn’t duplicate them.
Reuse content in your calendar
With Gain’s recycling feature, all your posts will be saved as drafts and randomly distributed throughout the future days and time range you choose in your calendar.
To get started, pick two or more posts, then follow these steps:
- Click Recycle in the action bar at the top.
2. Next, choose the days and times on which to publish your posts. All your posts will be saved as drafts and randomly distributed throughout the days and time range you selected.
3. Finally, click See them in the calendar to see all your recycled posts as drafts where you can schedule or send them for approval.
Schedule and un-schedule posts
All posts are typically auto-scheduled after they are approved, but you can manually schedule them too. Here’s how to schedule posts:
- Select the post(s), then click Schedule.
To un-schedule posts, you’ll have to send them to Draft status. To do this, select any scheduled item and click To Drafts.
Note: Sending content to Draft status will also cancel an existing approval process.
Send multiple items for approval
You can send content for approval in bulk from the calendar or list view. Here’s how:
- Select all items, then click To Approval.
Note: You can only send content that’s in Draft or Revision status for approval.
Comment and assign tasks in bulk
You can leave comments, mention team members, or assign tasks on multiple items from the calendar or list view. Here’s how:
- Select all items and then click the three dots. Under the three dots, you’ll find Add Comment.
2. In the comment box, you can add your comment, mention team members, and assign your statement as a task to someone on the team.
Export content from the calendar or list view
Whenever you need to export content, you can select whatever you need from the calendar or list view and export it as PDFs, CSV, or Excel spreadsheets.
Follow the steps below to export content:
- Select all items and then click the three dots. Under the three dots, click Export.
- Next, choose a timezone (if you’re publishing content in a different time zone than the one you’re currently in). Then, pick a file format and click Export.
For more information about exporting, click here.