Confirm your Instagram profile is correctly associated with a Facebook page
In this article:
- Confirm your Instagram Business Account is correctly associated with a Facebook Page
- Switching Account Type
Facebook requires all Instagram Business accounts to be associated with a Facebook Page. If your Instagram Business account isn't synced to a Facebook page, you cannot activate direct publishing in Gain. In this article, we'll check step-by-step every place where you can confirm if your page is properly associated with a Facebook Page.
Confirm the Facebook Page is connected to the Instagram Business account
You can see if your page is properly synced under Sharing to Other Apps or Linked Accounts in your Instagram app settings.
- Click on the hamburger icon.
2. Then, click on Settings
3. Select Account > Sharing to Other Apps > Facebook.
4. Be sure the correct Facebook Page is listed under Share To.
If your Facebook Page isn't listed, follow the instructions to add or change the Facebook Page here. When you're done, return to Gain and head to Workflow Settings > Social channels to connect or reconnect your Instagram Business account.
Confirm the Instagram Business Account is connected to the Facebook Page
1. Select the page you have associated with your Instagram account.
Note: If your page is in the New Page experience, you must switch to the page profile to manage it.
2. Go to Settings > Linked Accounts or Settings > Instagram if your page is still in the Classic Experience.
Note: If you see an option to Get Started or Switch Now, click on the button and follow the on-screen instructions to convert your Instagram account to a business account. If you see the button to Review Connection, click the button and follow the steps to reconnect.
See Instagram business accounts in your Meta Business Manager
Head to Business Manager and select the name of the Business. If you can't access Business Manager, check out this article on Facebook.
- Click on Business Settings on the left-hand sidebar.
2. Under Accounts, select Instagram Accounts. Your Instagram account should be connected here, and your name should be listed under People.
Switch Account Type
If you need to switch your account from a Personal Profile to a Professional Account, or if you need to change from Creator to Business, follow the instructions below:
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone and click on the hamburger icon.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Click on Account, scroll to the bottom and click on Switch Personal Account or Switch to Professional Account.