Confirm your Instagram profile is correctly associated with a Facebook page
In this article:
- Confirm your Instagram Business Account is correctly associated with a Facebook Page
- Switching Account Type
Confirm your Instagram Business Account is correctly associated with a Facebook Page
Facebook requires that all Instagram Business accounts be associated with a Facebook Page for authentication purposes. If your Instagram Business account isn't synced to a Facebook page, you will not be able to activate direct publishing in Gain.
You can confirm if your account is associated with a page by going to your profile settings in Instagram, your Facebook Page Settings, or Business Manager.
Checking Instagram Settings
- Click on the hamburger icon.
2. Then, click on Settings
3. Select Account > Sharing to Other Apps > Facebook.
4. Be sure the correct Facebook Page is listed under Share To.
If your Facebook page isn't listed, follow the instructions to do so. Then, come back to Gain and reconnect the Instagram account from Brand Settings > Social Channels.
Checking Facebook Page Settings
1. Click here to access the list of pages you manage. Click on the page that you have associated with your Instagram account, or create a new page if you don't have one yet.
2. Next, click on Settings at the bottom of the left-hand sidebar.
3. Select Instagram and then confirm the right Facebook Page is listed. Note: If you see an option to Get Started, click on the button and follow the on-screen instructions to convert your Instagram account to a business account. If you see the button to Review Connection, click the button and follow the steps to reconnect.
Checking in Business Manager
You must be an Admin of the Facebook Page in order to follow the steps below:
1. Head to Business Manager and select the name of your Business.
2. Click on Business Settings on the left-hand sidebar.
3. Under Accounts, select Instagram Accounts. You should see your Instagram account connected here. If you don't, follow the on-screen instructions to add one.
Switch Account Type
If you are certain that a Facebook Page is properly associated with the Instagram Business Account, but you continue to experience issues when trying to publish posts then we suggest that you switch your Business account back to a personal profile. Then, reconvert it to a Business Account and try to publish posts again. Here's how to switch your account type:
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone and click on the hamburger icon.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Click on Account, scroll to the bottom and click on Switch Account Type.
4. Select Switch to Personal Account. Confirm by clicking on Switch Back.
5. Once you see confirmation that your account is a personal profile, click here to access the list of pages you manage.
6. Click on the page that you'll associate with your Instagram account.
7. Next, click on Settings at the bottom of the left-hand sidebar.
8. Select Instagram and then click on the Switch Now button.
9. Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to set up your business account again.
Once you're through with all the steps, you should see this success screen: