Reauthorize Facebook Page Permissions
In this article:
Occasionally, you may need to reconnect Facebook Pages in Gain due to password changes or policy changes set by the social network. An unauthorized channel can cause some disruptions when Gain tries to schedule and publish content.
Users receive warning notifications with the error messages such as “Facebook responded: The user must be an administrator, editor, or moderator of the page to impersonate it.” You’ll also see a banner with the following message: Some channels in this brand require reconnecting. Visit the channel management area to fix it.
Additionally, Gain will show warnings in your post’s Activity tracker, and you won’t be able to schedule or publish Facebook posts.
Reconnecting a Facebook Page to Gain
To reconnect a Facebook Page to Gain, your Facebook Profile must be a “Page Admin” for that page. Other roles like Editor or Moderator of a Facebook page, for example, cannot reconnect a page to Gain.
Note: If you don't see the Brand Settings option, get in touch with an administrator or the account owner.
To reauthorize the channel follow the steps below:
- Go to Brand Settings > Social Channels.
- Select the channel that requires your attention.
- Click Reauthorize and follow the instructions. Reauthorizing should reconnect any channels to Gain and allow you to schedule content again.
I followed the steps to reconnect, but it’s not working
1. Verify Facebook Page Roles
Facebook Pages have six different roles to access settings and publish content as a page with the Pages API. Depending on your Page role, you can execute various actions like posting or accessing insights data.
Gain only requires three permissions: CREATE_ADS, BASIC_ADMIN, and CREATE_CONTENT.
If you’re unable to see any of the pages that you manage, check with a user who is a full admin for those pages so they can set your user with Content Creator or Full Admin permission.
For more information on all Page roles and capabilities, see Facebook Help Center - Page Roles.
2. Check that Gain still has permission to post to your page(s)
In some instances, your social accounts will need to be fully reauthorized, as simply reconnecting them won’t work. You’ll need to check Gain’s permissions in Facebook’s Business Integrations.
Click here to go to your Business Integrations, then follow the steps below:
- Find Gain on the list and click on View and edit. In the modal window, confirm if Gain still has permission to receive information and manage features for the page(s) you manage.
2. Select all the pages or Instagram accounts Gain you’d like to reconnect. Then, click Save and go back to your Gain account to reauthorize the page again.