Common Instagram scheduling questions
In this article:
- I'm not receiving push notifications on the Gain Notify App. What can I do?
- I received a push notification, but I cannot switch accounts within Gain Notify app to post
We will go over users’ most commonly asked questions and common scheduling errors when working with Instagram posts.
I'm not receiving push notifications on the Gain Notify App. What can I do?
If you have already downloaded Gain Notify but are still not receiving notifications, double-check the following:
- You are assigned as the Manual Publishing User for the Instagram channel(s) in Gain. You can do this by going to Brand Settings, then check the Instagram Channel settings.
- In the Gain Notify app, be sure to be correctly logged in with your user credentials.
- Gain also sends you an email notification when it's time to post to Instagram. Make sure that emails from firstname.lastname@example.org are not ending up in your spam folder.
- You have enabled notifications for Gain Notify. You can check this by going to Settings and make sure that all the notification options are enabled.
- If you’ve enabled notifications, but you're still not receiving push-notifications, log out of the mobile app (click the orange "logout" button) then log back in.
- Check your channel’s connection. An unauthorized channel can cause some problems in Gain when trying to edit, reschedule, or schedule content. Gain will also show warnings on your brands whenever a channel requires your attention:
Occasionally, you’ll need to reauthorize social accounts in Gain due to password changes or policy changes set by the social network. Only administrators can reauthorize channels.
To reauthorize the channel follow the steps below:
Go to Brand Settings > Social Channels.
Select the channel that requires your attention.
Click Reauthorize and follow the instructions.
I received a push notification, but I cannot switch accounts within Gain Notify app to post.
You can use Gain Notify to post to several Instagram accounts. Be sure you’re the manual publisher for all the Instagram channels you need to publish to first. You can confirm in Brand Settings > Social Channels.
When you publish via the Gain Notify app, you should click on I Already Published This for each post to make sure it disappears from the Pending section. Otherwise, when you receive push notifications for new content, you’ll have to scroll to the bottom or remove all the previously published content.