Occasionally, Facebook Pages in Gain may need to be reconnected due to password changes or policy changes set by the social network. An unauthorized channel can cause a number of disruptions in Gain when trying to schedule and publish content.
Users will receive email warning notifications with the following errors: “This profile requires admin attention. Contact an account admin to fix” or “Facebook responded: The user must be an administrator, editor, or moderator of the page in order to impersonate it.”
Additionally, Gain will show warnings in your calendar and a post’s Activity section:
Reconnecting a Facebook Page to Gain
In order to reconnect a Facebook Page to Gain, your personal Facebook Profile must be a “Page Admin” for that page. Other roles like Editor or Moderator of a Facebook page, for example, cannot reconnect a page to Gain.
To reauthorize the channel follow the steps below:
- Go to Brand Settings > Social Channels
- Select the channel that requires your attention.
- Click Reauthorize.
- On Facebook, click on Edit Settings.
5. Ignore this dialog, unless you do have Instagram Business Accounts connected to Gain, in that case, make sure all accounts are selected, and click Next.
6. Make sure to select all pages you currently manage on Gain, including the one you're trying to reconnect. If any page you manage is not selected, Gain's permissions to post to it will be revoked. Select Next.
7. Make sure Gain has permission to post to all pages on this screen as well. Click Done.
8. Click Done.
This should reconnect any channels to Gain and allow you to schedule content again.
Note: If you don't see the Brand Settings option, you'll have to get in touch with an administrator or owner of the Gain account.
I followed the steps to reconnect but it’s not working.
- Verify Facebook Page Roles
Facebook Pages have six different roles to access settings and publish content as a page with the Pages API. Depending on your Page role, you are able to execute different actions like posting or accessing insights data.
Gain only requires 3 permissions: CREATE_ADS, BASIC_ADMIN, and CREATE_CONTENT.
If you’re unable to see any of the pages that you manage, check with a user who is a full admin for those pages so they can set your user with Content Creator or Full Admin permission.
For more information on all Page roles and capabilities, see Facebook Help Center - Page Roles.
2. Check that Gain still has permission to post to your page(s)
In some instances, your social accounts will need to be fully reauthorized as simply reconnecting them won’t work. This will require you to check Gain’s permissions from Facebook’s Business Integrations.
Click here to go to your Business Integrations, then follow the steps below:
- Find Gain on the list and click on View and edit. In the modal window, confirm if Gain still has permission to receive information and manage features for any page you manage.
2. Select all the pages or Instagram accounts Gain should have access to. Then, click Save and go back to your Gain account to connect the page again.