Occasionally, Facebook Pages in Gain may need to be reconnected due to password changes or policy changes set by the social network. An unauthorized channel can cause a number of disruptions in Gain when trying to schedule and publish content.
Users will receive email warning notifications with the following errors: “This profile requires admin attention. Contact an account admin to fix” or “Facebook responded: The user must be an administrator, editor, or moderator of the page in order to impersonate it.”
Additionally, Gain will show warnings in your calendar and a post’s Activity section:
Reconnecting a Facebook Page to Gain
In order to reconnect a Facebook Page to Gain, your personal Facebook Profile must be a “Page Admin” for that page. Other roles like Editor or Moderator of a Facebook page, for example, cannot reconnect a page to Gain.
To reauthorize the channel follow the steps below:
- Go to Brand Settings > Social Channels
- Select the channel that requires your attention.
- Click Reauthorize and follow the instructions. This should reconnect any channels to Gain and allow you to schedule content again.
Note: If you don't see the "Brand Settings" option, you'll have to get in touch with an administrator or owner of the Gain account.
I followed the steps to reconnect but it’s not working.
In some instances, your social accounts will need to be fully reauthorized as simply reconnecting them won’t work. This will require you to revoke Gain’s permissions from Facebook’s Business Integrations. Click here to go to your Business Integrations, then follow the steps below:
- Select Gain from the Active tab. Then, click Remove.
2. Make sure to leave the option “Delete posts, videos or events Gain posted to your timeline” unchecked. Then, click Remove.
3. Return to Gain and go to Social Channel under Brand Settings.
3. Once here, click “Reauthorize.” Facebook will grant Gain access to post to your page again.