In this article
- Switching to a Professional Account
Turning your Instagram personal profile into a Business profile grants you access to advertising tools, Instagram Insights, and auto-publishing. In this article we'll explain step-by-step how to convert your personal Instagram accounts to Business accounts.
Before you get started
Keep in mind that before you can convert your account to a Business, you'll have to create a Facebook Page to associate with your Instagram Business profile. Click here for more details.
Switching to a Professional Account
Log in to the personal account you'd like to switch to Business from the Instagram app and follow the steps below:
- Click on the hamburger icon in the upper right corner of your profile.
2. Then, click on Settings.
3. Click on Account, then Switch to Professional Account.
4. On the next screen, select Business or Creator (whichever applies to you).
5. If you haven't already, follow the steps to sync your Instagram Account to your Facebook Page.
That's it, it's super easy!
Note: If you'd like to display or hide your business category and contact information on your profile, go to Edit Profile, then Profile Display under Public Business Information.