In this article:
- Connect Gain to Canva
- Export your designs to Gain
- Revoke access to Canva
Whether you use Canva for social media posts, print materials, infographics, Instagram Stories, or Facebook covers, you can import them to Gain directly from Canva and bring them into your approval and collaboration workflow.
Before you get started
Make sure to have an active Canva account to use this integration. If you have a free Canva account, there might be some design templates that you will not be able to use.
- This integration only supports images, you will not be able to save videos created in Canva to Gain.*
- You can save up to 10 images* but be mindful of the maximum images allowed by each social network.
- The content you save will only appear under brands that you have Contributor, Publisher, or Administrator access to.
*This is due to a limitation by the Canva API. We’ll be able to add this functionality as soon as it’s available.
Connect Gain to Canva
You can connect Gain to Canva after you’ve finished your designs or you can find Gain under the section Supercharge your workflow in the Canva Apps Directory.
Export your designs to Gain
Once you’re finished creating a design, follow the steps to save your design in Gain.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to “Download” on the top corner of the toolbar.
2. Select Gain.
3. Select the brand, social channel, or file collection, where you’d like to send your designs.
If your design has multiple pages, click the dropdown and select the ones you want to export.
4. Add a short description of the files. This is optional, and anything you write here will appear on your Gain post and you can edit it later.
5. Click Save.
Important: If you're using premium images in your designs, you will have to pay to unlock the image(s) before you're able to export the files to Gain.
Once the export is done, click View in Gain to be redirected to your Gain account. You’ll be able to see your designs in the Calendar on the same day you exported your design to Gain.
Revoke access to Canva
You can revoke access to your Canva account under Apps & Integrations in your Personal settings.