Why can't I connect an Instagram Business account to Gain?
In this article:
- Connecting or Reconnecting an Instagram account
- I followed the steps to reconnect, but it’s not working
Occasionally, when trying to connect or reconnect an Instagram Business Account to Gain, the account you're looking for won't show up as an option in Gain even when you are an administrator for the Facebook Page and Instagram profile. When this happens, it’s because Gain doesn't have permission to post to this account yet.
Facebook requires that all Instagram Business accounts be associated with a Facebook Page for authentication purposes. So, before you get started, confirm that you’re an administrator and that the Instagram profile is correctly associated with the Facebook page.
Connecting or Reconnecting an Instagram Account
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Workspace Settings > Social Channels to connect or reconnect the account.
- Click on "Reconnect as a Business Account," or "Reconnect," and you'll be redirected to Facebook. If you're not redirected to Facebook after clicking on "Reconnect," it could be because your Instagram account is not synced to a Facebook page. If this is the case, follow the instructions here to confirm.
If you're redirected to Facebook, allow Gain access to post to the Instagram accounts connected to your Facebook pages. You can do this by clicking on "Choose what you allow":
Then, selecting the Instagram account(s), you need to publish to:
If you don't see an option to "Choose what you allow," then head to your Business Integrations to pick which Instagram profiles Gain can access. Then, come back to Gain to reconnect from Workspace Settings > Social Channels.
Be sure Gain has permission to “Access profile and posts from the Instagram account connected to your Page” then, click Save.
Now the account(s) will show up in Gain so that you can connect them.
I followed the steps to reconnect, but it’s not working
In some instances, you’ll need to reauthorize your Instagram account as simply reconnecting them won’t work. You’ll need to check Gain’s permissions in Facebook’s Business Integrations.
Click here to go to your Business Integrations, then follow the steps below:
- Find Gain on the list and click on View and edit. In the modal window, confirm if Gain still has permission to receive information and manage features for any account that you manage.
2. Select all the Instagram accounts Gain you’d like to connect. Then, click Save and go back to Gain to try again.