Why can't I connect an Instagram account to Gain?
In this article:
- Connecting or Reconnecting an Instagram account
- I followed the steps to reconnect, but it’s not working
Occasionally, when trying to connect or reconnect Instagram Business Accounts to Gain, the accounts you're looking for won't show up as an option in Gain even when you are an administrator for the Facebook Page and Instagram profile. When this happens, it’s because Gain doesn't have permission to post to this account yet.
Facebook requires that all Instagram Business accounts be associated with a Facebook Page for authentication purposes. So, before you get started, confirm that you’re an administrator and that the Instagram profile is correctly associated with the Facebook page.
Connecting or Reconnecting an Instagram Account
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Brand Settings > Social Channels to connect the account again.
- On Facebook, select Edit Settings (if you've previously linked Gain to Facebook). If Edit Settings isn’t an option, click Continue as…
3. Select all accounts currently synced to Gain and any new ones you're trying to connect. If any profile you already manage in Gain is not selected, Facebook will revoke Gain’s permissions to post to it. Click Next.
4. Ignore this step and click Next.
5. Next, be sure Gain has permission to “Access profile and posts from the Instagram account connected to your Page” then, click Done.
Now the account(s) will show up in Gain so that you can connect them.
I followed the steps to reconnect, but it’s not working
In some instances, you’ll need to reauthorize your Instagram account as simply reconnecting them won’t work. You’ll need to check Gain’s permissions in Facebook’s Business Integrations.
Click here to go to your Business Integrations, then follow the steps below:
- Find Gain on the list and click on View and edit. In the modal window, confirm if Gain still has permission to receive information and manage features for any account that you manage.
2. Select all the Instagram accounts Gain you’d like to connect. Then, click Save and go back to Gain to try again.