Why can't I connect an Instagram Business account to Gain?
In this article:
If you don't see your new Instagram business account listed when trying to connect it to Gain or if you're receiving an error when trying to reconnect it, follow the steps in this guide to troubleshoot the most common problems. If you need more assistance, please contact us via our in-app support widget or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you get started
Keep in mind that for direct publishing to work properly:
- Your personal Facebook account must have an Admin role on the page you’d like to connect to. If the page isn’t in the drop-down on your Instagram profile, check your Page’s settings on Facebook to determine if you have an admin role. If you (or your client) own the Facebook Page that is connected to your business's Instagram account, you can give other people permission to post via Facebook Page roles. If you, or your client, is using Business Manager to manage page roles, you'll need to assign roles in Business Manager. Here's how to add people to your Business Manager.
- You need a Facebook Page associated with your Instagram Business account. This is a requirement from Facebook (which owns Instagram).
You can confirm if your account is associated with a page by going to your profile settings in Instagram, Facebook Page Settings or Linked Accounts, and Business Settings on Business Manager. Here's where to confirm if your Instagram account is associated with the correct Facebook page:
- Your Instagram account has to be a business account and not a creator account.
Connect an Instagram Business Account to Gain
- Click on the button +New Social Channel.
- You can just select the channel you want to connect to your workspace. You can connect one page at a time.
3. Select your account type.
4. Click "Continue as" on Facebook to go to the next step. This doesn't let Gain post on Facebook or Instagram without your permission.
5. Now, the accounts(s) will show up in Gain so that you can connect them. You can connect one at a time.
I followed the steps to connect, but it’s not working
If you're sure you're an admin of the Facebook Page and Instagram is properly set up as a business account but still can't connect the Instagram account to Gain. Then, the next step is to remove Gain from your Business Integrations. Click here to go to your Business Integrations, then follow the steps below:
1. Find Gain on the list and click on View and edit. In the modal window, confirm if Gain still has permission to receive information and manage features for the Instagram account(s) you manage.
2. If all options are checked in blue or if you can't see any pages or accounts in this section, click Remove to remove Gain from Facebook's Business Integrations. Don't worry, doing this won't delete any content from either Gain or Facebook.
3. Finally, come back to Gain. Go to Workspace Settings > Social Channels and try to connect the page again. If you're unable to connect it, please contact Support.