Why can't I connect a new Facebook page to Gain?
In this article:
Occasionally, when trying to connect new Facebook pages to Gain, the page(s) you're looking for won't show up as an option in Gain even when you are an administrator for the Facebook Page. When this happens, it’s because Gain doesn't have permission to post to this page yet, or your permissions are not set up properly on Facebook.
Before you get started
To connect a Facebook Page to Gain, your Facebook Profile must be a “Page Admin” for that page. You can check the pages you manage here. From this section, select the page you'd like to connect to, click Settings > Page Roles, and confirm you've got the proper permissions. Other roles like Editor or Moderator of a Facebook page, for example, cannot connect a page to Gain. For more information on all Page roles and capabilities, see Facebook Help Center - Page Roles.
Here's an example of what a typical Page Roles section looks like:
- If you were given access to manage a Page via Business Suite (formerly Business Manager), you need admin access to the Business itself in Business Settings or Full Control to manage the page.
- If your Business was given access as a Partner to manage a page or assets for another business via Business Suite, confirm that you have Full Control to manage the page in your Business Settings.
Connect a Facebook Page
- Under Social Channels, click on the button +New Social Channel to add a new page.
- Select the channel you want to connect to your workspace.
3. On Facebook, select Continue as... or Edit Settings (if you've previously linked Gain to Facebook).
4. Unless you're also connecting to an Instagram account at another time, ignore this dialog and click Next.
Note: If you're going to connect an Instagram account later, you can save a step and give Gain access to the profiles now.
5. Select all pages you currently manage with Gain and any new page you're trying to connect. If any page you already linked in Gain is not selected, Facebook will revoke Gain’s permissions to post to it. Click Next.
6. Make sure Gain has permission to "Manage your Pages,” "Publish as Pages you Manage,” and "Show a list of the Pages you manage" for all pages you manage on this step. Click Done.
Now the page(s) will show up in Gain so that you can connect them.
I followed the steps to connect, but it’s not working
If you don't see the page(s) on the list and you're sure you've got admin access to it, the next step is to remove Gain from your Business Integrations. Click here to go to your Business Integrations, then follow the steps below:
1. Find Gain on the list and click on View and edit. In the modal window, confirm if Gain still has permission to receive information and manage features for the page(s) you manage.
2. If all options are checked in blue, click Remove to remove Gain from Facebook's Business Integrations. Don't worry, doing this won't delete any content from either Gain or Facebook.
3. Finally, come back to Gain. Go to Workspace Settings > Social Channels and try to connect the page again. If you're unable to connect it, please contact Support.