Why can't I connect a new Facebook page to Gain?
In this article:
Occasionally, when trying to connect new Facebook pages to Gain, the page(s) you're looking for won't show up as an option in Gain even when you are an administrator for the Facebook Page. When this happens, it’s because Gain doesn't have permission to post to this page yet.
Go to Brand Settings > Social Channels to try and connect the page again, then follow the instructions below.
Note: Make sure to log in with the Facebook account with admin access to the page(s).
Connect a Facebook Page
- Under Social Channels, click on the button +New Social Channel to add a new page.
- Select the channel you want to connect to your brand.
3. On Facebook, select Continue as... or Edit Settings (if you've previously linked Gain to Facebook).
4. Unless you're also connecting to an Instagram account at another time, ignore this dialog and click Next.
Note: If you're going to connect an Instagram account later, you can save a step and give Gain access to the profiles now.
5. Select all pages you currently manage with Gain and any new page you're trying to connect. If any page you already linked in Gain is not selected, Facebook will revoke Gain’s permissions to post to it. Click Next.
6. Make sure Gain has permission to "Manage your Pages,” "Publish as Pages you Manage,” and "Show a list of the Pages you manage" for all pages you manage on this step. Click Done.
Now the page(s) will show up in Gain so that you can connect them.
I followed the steps to connect, but it’s not working
If you don't see the page(s) on the list, verify your Facebook Page Role or check that Gain has permission to post to the page in Business Integrations.
1. Verify Facebook Page Role
Facebook Pages have six different roles to access settings and publish content as a page with the Pages API. Depending on your Page role, you can execute various actions like posting or accessing insights data.
Gain only requires three permissions: CREATE_ADS, BASIC_ADMIN, and CREATE_CONTENT.
If you’re unable to see any of the pages that you manage, check with a user who is a full admin for those pages so they can set your user with Content Creator or Full Admin permission.
For more information on all Page roles and capabilities, see Facebook Help Center - Page Roles.
2. Check that Gain has permission to post to your new page(s)
In some instances, your social accounts won't show up in Gain even after following all the previous steps to connect it. You’ll need to check Gain’s permissions in Facebook’s Business Integrations.
Click here to go to your Business Integrations, then follow the steps below:
- Find Gain on the list and click on View and edit. In the modal window, confirm if Gain still has permission to receive information and manage features for the page(s) you manage.
2. Select all the pages you’d like to connect. Then, click Save and go back to your Gain account to connect the page again.