Unlike all other social networks that you can manage on Gain, we provide you an additional option on how you can schedule and automatically publish content for Facebook that gives you more control depending on the way your team works.
You can choose to schedule and publish your content in two ways; directly on Facebook's scheduler, or using Gain's own. Here are the differences between the two and why you'd want to choose one or the other:
Why use Gain's own scheduler (default):
- Minimize posting errors - Gain's own scheduler is more reliable than Facebook's.
- Improve error notifications - If anything goes wrong, we'll give you better details about what happened, and how you can fix it.
- Easily edit scheduled content - no need to send content back to draft to edit it.
Why use Facebook's scheduler:
- Simplifies the scheduling of post boosting and ads. You can use the content scheduled using Facebook's scheduler to plan boosting and ad campaigns using the Facebook Ad Manager, before the content is ever published. The content will already be on Facebook when is scheduled using this option.
- Although using Facebook's scheduler is more convenient to those scheduling advertising and boosting, this method seems to be less reliable when posting content than Gain's own scheduler.
Note: Due to limitation on Facebook's API, when using Facebook's scheduler you must revert any scheduled content back to Draft before making any edits.
Switch individual posts to Facebook scheduling
- To switch to Facebook native scheduling, click Gain Scheduler under Publish date:
2. Then, select Facebook scheduler and Save.
Apply scheduling preferences to a channel
Additionally to being able to choose scheduling preference on individual posts, you can change preferences from your Social Channels settings. This will make Facebook’s native scheduler the default for every post scheduled to Facebook in that Brand.
- Go to Brand Settings > Social Channels > Select the Facebook channel.
- Then, click Switch to Facebook’s Native Scheduler:
Important: Only posts created after the switch to Facebook’s scheduler in the Social Channels settings will show up on the Scheduled Posts list in Facebook.