Upload and share content in any format
In this article:
- Identify folders
- File size limits and formats
- Open and preview files from different sources
- Manage folders
File folders are an easy way to catalog assets for your marketing projects, making them easy to find whenever you need them. You can name folders according to projects, subject matter, or teams and manage everything in both calendar or list views for each of your brands. Additionally, you can give Editor access to team members or easily share file previews with colleagues and clients.
- To get started, click +New Content or hover over a date in the calendar.
2. Next, choose one of the default folders already available for you or create your own by clicking on +New Folder.
Just as their logos can identify social media channels inside Gain, folders have their icons to show what folder each file belongs to.
By hovering over the View button in the calendar, you’ll see a preview of the file and the folder name and icon.
File size limits and formats:
The maximum size for most files is 500MB and 5GB for videos. All files, except for videos, are converted from their original format to PDFs. For the best results, we recommend videos to be in MP4 or MOV format. Here’s a full list of all the formats we support today:
- PDF files (PDF)
- Powerpoint files (PPT, PPTX, PPTM)
- Excel files (XLS, XLSX, XLSM)
- Word files (DOC, DOCX, DOCM)
- ODF word processing documents (ODT, ODS)
- ODF presentation documents (ODP)
- Image files (gif, tiff, jpg, jpeg, png, heic, webp, svg)
- Plain text files (txt, RTF)
- Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop files (AI, PSD)
- Keynote (.key)
- Pages (.pages)
- Numbers (.numbers)
- MPEG-4 (mp4*, m4v, m4u, m4e)
- MPEG-2 (mpv2, m2v, m2t, mts, m2ts, tp, tod)
- MPEG (mpg, mpeg, mpe, ts, m1v, mod)
- Quicktime (mov*, qt, movie, moov, qtz, qtch)
- AVI Video (avi)
- Windows Media (WMV, wm, asf, VFW)
- Flash Video (Flv, SWI)
- 3G Mobile Video (3gp, 3g2, 3gpp, 3gp2)
- Digital Video (DV, vid)
- DVD File (VOB)
- DivX, Xvid (Divx, dvx, xvid)
- Google Video (gvi, vp6, vp7)
- Motion JPEG (mjp)
- Real Video (rv, rm, rmvb)
- Tivo Video (tivo)
Open and preview files from different sources.
With Gain, you can add content from services like Canva, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more. Enabling the Google Drive integration allows you to preview Google Docs, Spreadsheets, and Slides inside file folders.
Tip: Our Canva integration lets you export designs to Gain seamlessly; click here for more details.
Here’s how to connect your account(s) to upload files:
- Click on the file uploader.
2. Next, choose the service you want to import from or choose Link (URL) to import from a specific URL.
3. Click “Sign in” or “Connect” and follow the directions to verify your account.
Important: Any changes made to files outside of Gain will not synchronize automatically, so be sure to reupload any modified files when you make changes.
Disconnect your service account
If you need to disconnect your account from Gain, hover over the list to the left and click “Sign Out” next to the service you’d like to remove.
Note: Disconnecting an account won’t delete any documents that you have previously uploaded from that account.
You can add a publish date to your files as a reference. Doing so will add the files to the calendar, but you can’t schedule files. Any files without a posting date will show up in the list view.
To rename file folders or delete them, go to Manage File Folders.
Move files from one folder to another
To move a file from one folder to another, select your file(s) from the calendar or list view and click the three dots. Then, click Move to Folder.
Create social posts from files
To create social posts from a file, select your file(s) from the calendar or list view and click Duplicate. Then, select the social channel(s) and click Duplicate.
Gain takes care of converting your files to formats compatible with social networks so that you can schedule them with just a click.
File folders give your team endless possibilities and flexibility when creating and managing content. Learn a few ways your team can use file folders to manage marketing assets here.