Occasionally, when trying to connect new Facebook pages to Gain, the page(s) you're looking for won't show up as an option in Gain even when you are an administrator for the Facebook Page. This happens because Gain doesn't have permission to post to this page yet.
Go to Brand Settings > Social Channels to try and connect the page again, then follow the instructions below:
Note: Make sure you are logged in with the Facebook account that has admin access to the page(s).
- Under Social Channels, click on the button +New Social Channel to add a new page.
- Select the channel you want to connect to your brand.
3. On Facebook, select Continue as... or Edit Settings (if you've previously linked Gain to Facebook).
4. Unless you're also connecting an Instagram account at another time, ignore this dialog and click Next.
Note: If you're going to connect an Instagram account later, you can save a step and give Gain access to the accounts now.
5. Select all pages you currently manage with Gain and any new page you're trying to connect. If any page you already manage in Gain is not selected, Gain's permissions to post to it will be revoked. Click Next.
4. Make sure Gain has permission to "Manage your Pages", "Publish as Pages you Manage", and "Show a list of the Pages you manage" for all pages you manage on this step. Click Done.
Now the page(s) will show up in Gain so that you can connect them.
Verify Facebook Page Role
If you don't see the page(s) on the list, verify your Facebook Page Role.
Facebook Pages have six different roles to access settings and publish content as a page with the Pages API. Depending on your Page role, you are able to execute different actions like posting or accessing insights data.
Gain only requires 3 permissions: CREATE_ADS, BASIC_ADMIN, and CREATE_CONTENT.
If you’re unable to see any of the pages that you manage, check with a user who is a full admin for those pages so they can set your user with Content Creator or Full Admin permission.
For more information on all Page roles and capabilities, see Facebook Help Center - Page Roles.