Connect Social Profiles to Gain
You can connect Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter profiles to Gain. This article will walk you through linking your social media accounts and scheduling posts.
In this article
- Connecting a social profile
- Creating and scheduling content
- Reconnecting social channels
- Disconnecting social channels
Connecting a Social Profile
To begin, go to the workspace where you want to connect your social profiles.
- Find the Workspace Settings "⚙️" and click on Social Channels.
- Click on the +New Social Channel button at the top right.
- Choose the social network you want to link.
You will be directed to the social network's authorization page to permit Gain.
- Only the Gain account owner or administrators can connect social profiles.
- To connect Facebook and Instagram accounts, you must be an admin of the respective Facebook page and Instagram Business profile.
- For LinkedIn Company Pages, you need to be a Super admin.
- Make sure you have the login details for Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram Personal profiles, and TikTok accounts. If linking your company's Twitter or Instagram profiles, log out of your profiles first.
Creating and Scheduling Posts
To start, you can just go to your calendar view and hover over a date.
- Click on the "+" icon to create a new post.
- Select a social profile for which you want to create content.
- After you save your post, you can schedule it or send it for approval.
When a post is approved, Gain will auto-schedule it. You can schedule content by clicking on Schedule if you skip the approval process.
Note: For more guides on creating and scheduling content specific to various social channels, visit this link.
Reconnecting Social Channels
Connections between Gain and your social accounts require access tokens, which can expire for various reasons based on each social network's policies. When an access token expires, you'll need to reconnect that social account, typically through a simple reconnection process.
- To reconnect a social profile, click on your initials and select Social Channels in Account. Alternatively, you can go to Workspace Settings "⚙️" and click Social Channels.
- Find the channel that needs attention and click Reconnect. You'll be redirected to the social network's authorization page to reauthorize Gain's permissions for posting.
Disconnecting Social Channels
To disconnect a social profile, head to Workspace Settings > Social Channels.
- Find the social profile on the list and click Manage.
- Scroll down to "Disconnect from Gain," enter your Gain password, and click Disconnect from Gain to confirm.