Create content for LinkedIn
In this article:
In Gain, you can create and schedule posts for LinkedIn Company Pages and Personal Pages. In this article, we will go over everything you need to know about posting on your LinkedIn pages.
First, to create new content, make sure your LinkedIn pages are connected successfully. You will know they’re connected because they’ll show up under Social Channels in the Filters panel. Then, click on the +New Content button or hover over the calendar’s date and click on the New Content icon.
You can identify whether your channel is a LinkedIn company or personal page in the filters panel.
Specifications for LinkedIn
- For the highest quality presentation on LinkedIn.com, the image referenced should be at least 80 x 150px to prevent it from being artificially stretched to fit the layout.
- The character limit is 700.
- You can create links, photos, videos, and status posts for both Company and Personal pages.
- Video files can be up to 200MB in size and 20 minutes in duration. For best results, upload an MP4 or MOV video file.
Permissions to post your pages
You can only connect LinkedIn Company pages for which you are an administrator. Gain will authorize your LinkedIn company pages through your personal user, so remember:
- Administrative rights are automatically granted to the creator of a Company Page.
- Only company administrators can edit Company Pages, add or remove other admins, and post company updates.
To connect a personal page, Gain will authorize access to it via your personal profile so you'll need to have the log-in details to give Gain access to post to your personal LinkedIn page.
For more information on admin roles, go to LinkedIn’s help center.
In Gain’s post editor, you can choose from several different post types. We will go over each one below.
You can build multi-image posts of up to nine images.
In the Photo tab, after you upload photos, they will appear in the All Images tab. All Images works much like a queue where you can save multiple photos even if you don’t plan to publish all of them. Images that will be published will be at the top and in the preview.
You can delete the photos by clicking on the [ X] on the top right. The image will disappear from the preview. To add another image or the same one again, click on the image in the All Images queue.
Gain also includes a full-featured image editor where you can crop, resize, add text, enhance and add effects to your images. To edit your photo, hover over your final image and click the Brush icon.
- Add a URL under the Link field, and the platform will populate the title, description, and images, then modify the title and description copy as you want.
- If a mistake was made on the URL, if it needs to be changed, or if you need to change the title and description when you’re using a different link, clear all three fields first and then enter the new link. When the new link is in place, the title and description will be repopulated automatically.
Important: There's no way to tag company pages via LinkedIn's API at the moment. As soon as this is available, we'll be adding the ability to do so on Gain as well.
Video files can be up to 200MB in size and 20 minutes in duration. For best results, upload an MP4 or MOV video file.
You can segment your audience and deliver unique content based on actions they have taken with your workspace right from Gain.
1. To get started, head to the Targeted Audience section in the post editor and click on "Shown to everyone."
2. Then, select your targeting options. Once you're done, click Save.
All your targeting options will show up under Targeted Audience and, once your post is live, it will only be shown to the followers who meet your criteria.