Create content for LinkedIn
In this article:
In Gain, you can create and schedule posts for LinkedIn Company Pages, including a link, photo, carousel, and status posts. In this article, we will go over everything you need to know about posting on your LinkedIn pages.
First, to create new content, make sure your LinkedIn pages are connected successfully. You will know they’re connected because they’ll show up under Social Channels in the Filters panel. Then, click on the +New Content button or hover over the calendar’s date and click on the New Content icon.
Specifications for LinkedIn
- For the highest quality presentation on LinkedIn.com, the image referenced should be at least 80 x 150px to prevent it from being artificially stretched to fit the layout.
- The character limit is 700.
Permissions to post to Company Pages
You can only connect LinkedIn company pages for which you are an administrator. Gain will authorize your LinkedIn pages through your personal profile, but Gain will not have access to your personal information or to post on your personal LinkedIn Profile.
- Administrative rights are automatically granted to the creator of a Company Page.
- Only company administrators can edit Company Pages, add or remove other admins, and post company updates.
For more information on admin roles, go to LinkedIn’s help center.
In Gain’s post editor, you can choose from several different post types. We will go over each one below.
You can build multi-image posts of up to nine images.
In the Photo tab, after you upload photos, they will appear in the All Images tab. All Images works much like a queue where you can save multiple photos even if you don’t plan to publish all of them. Images that will be published will be at the top and in the preview.
You can delete the photos by clicking on the [ X] on the top right. The image will disappear from the preview. To add another image or the same one again, click on the image in the All Images queue.
Gain also includes a full-featured image editor where you can crop, resize, add text, enhance and add effects to your images. To edit your photo, hover over your final image and click the Brush icon.
- Add a URL under the Link field, and the platform will populate the title, description, and images, then modify the title and description copy as you want.
- If a mistake was made on the URL, if it needs to be changed, or if you need to change the title and description when you’re using a different link, clear all three fields first and then enter the new link. When the new link is in place, the title and description will be repopulated automatically.
Important: There's no way to tag company pages via LinkedIn's API at the moment. As soon as this is available, we'll be adding the ability to do so on Gain as well.
You can segment your audience and deliver unique content based on actions they have taken with your brand right from Gain.
1. To get started, head to the Targeted Audience section in the post editor and click on "Shown to everyone."
2. Then, select your targeting options. Once you're done, click Save.
All your targeting options will show up under Targeted Audience and, once your post is live, it will only be shown to the followers who meet your criteria.