In this article:
- Specifications for LinkedIn
- Permissions to post to LinkedIn Company Pages
- Content Types
In Gain, you can create and schedule posts for LinkedIn Company Pages, including link, photo, and status posts. In this article, we will go over everything you need to know about posting on your LinkedIn pages.
To create new content, make sure your LinkedIn Page(s) has been connected successfully first. You will know it has been connected successfully because it will appear under Channels in the Filters panel. Then, click on the +New Content button or hover over the date in the calendar and click on the New Content icon.
Specifications for LinkedIn
- For the highest quality presentation on LinkedIn.com, the image referenced in og:image should be at least 80 x 150px to prevent it from being artificially stretched to fit the layout.
Permissions to post to Company Pages
You can only connect LinkedIn company pages for which you are an administrator. Gain will authorize your LinkedIn pages through your personal profile, but Gain will not have access to your personal information or to post on your personal LinkedIn Profile.
- Administrative rights are automatically granted to the creator of a Company Page.
- Only company administrators can edit Company Pages, add or remove other admins, and post company updates.
In Gain’s post editor, you can choose from several 3 post types. We will go over Photo and Link posts below.
You can build multi-image posts of up to nine images.
In the Photo tab, after you upload photos, they will appear in the All Images tab. This works much like a queue where you can save multiple photos even if not all of them will be published. The final photos that will be published will be at the top and in the preview.
You can delete the photos to be published by clicking on the [X] on the top right, the image will disappear from the preview. To add another image or the same one again, just click on the image in the All Images queue.
Gain also includes a full-featured image editor where you can crop, resize, add text, enhance and add effects to your images. To edit your image, hover over your final image and click the “🖌️” icon.
- Add a URL under the Link field and the platform will populate the title, description, and images, then modify the title and description copy as you want.
Note: When you add a Youtube URL under the Link field, Gain doesn't show the video preview or thumbnail. You can upload a thumbnail manually to share the preview in Gain with your clients. Once the video is published to LinkedIn the thumbnail and title will show up, and your video will be playable.
- If a mistake was made on the URL, if it needs to be changed, or if you need to change the title and description when a different link is chosen, simply clear all three fields first and then enter the new link. When the new link is in place, the title and description will be repopulated automatically.
Important: There's no way to tag company pages via LinkedIn's API at the moment. As soon as this is available, we'll be adding the ability to do so on Gain as well.