Content Creator Guide
If you're responsible for creating and publishing social posts, this guide offers a snapshot of Gain's functionalities to get you started. Gain helps your team collaborate on a shared calendar and centralize feedback from your stakeholders. Helping you get the thumbs-up from the right people before any content goes live. Let's dive in!
- Set Up Your Profile
- Create and Manage Content
- Send Content for Approval
- Schedule and Publish Content
Before You Get Started
Before diving into Gain's features, let's cover some key points:
- Workspaces: Workspaces are spaces to organize your content in Gain. The account owner or administrator can create as many workspaces as needed to manage content, whether by brand, client, team, country, or project. Every workspace has its calendar, which you can easily share with your clients or stakeholders.
- Team Member Roles: By default, team members join workspaces as Publishers. Publishers can schedule and publish social posts, upload files, send content for approval, and more. Click here to learn more about user roles and permissions.
Set Up Your Profile
Getting started with Gain is easy. When an admin or the account owner invites you to collaborate, you'll receive an email invitation. Follow these steps to set up your profile:
- Click on the invitation link to set up your password.
- Gain will redirect you to the Workspaces dashboard, where you'll see the workspaces you've been granted access to.
Note: If you don't receive an invitation, check your spam folder or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also double-check with your IT team that emails from @gainapp.com are allowed.
You can access your Personal Settings and additional features by clicking on your initials in the upper right corner. Here are some options you can explore:
- In your Personal Settings, you can reset your password, upload a profile picture, or enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for added security.
- Notification Preferences, choose your notification delivery method, and more. Look at this article for more details on the various notifications Gain sends you.
Create & Manage Content
You can create and schedule social posts and upload files as a Publisher. To start, access your calendar and hover over a date.
- Click on the "+" icon to create a new post.
- Select a social profile.
- After you save your post, you can duplicate it to other social profiles, schedule it, or send it for approval.
When a post is approved, Gain will auto-schedule it. You can schedule content by clicking on Schedule if you skip the approval process.
Important: Only the Gain account owner or administrators can connect social profiles. To learn more about connecting social channels to a workspace, click here.
To start, navigate to the Gallery view in your workspace and drag and drop a file. You can upload up to 25 items in bulk. Once your files are processed, you can:
- Select the folder where you'd like to store your files.
- Add a publish date (optional).
- Write a description with notes for your team or stakeholders.
- Add Content Tags: You can use tags to categorize or filter content in Gain.
- Rename files in numerical order. Example: Special Sale 01, Special Sale 02, Special Sale 03, etc...
Tip: You can use creative assets in folders to create social posts. If you want to learn more about folders and managing files, click here.
In Gain, your content progresses through different phases, including stages like Pending Approval and Scheduled. The colored circles on the calendar help you see the status of your posts at a glance. Visit this link to delve deeper into content management, custom views, and the content workflow.
Send Content for Approval
Select items to send for review and click To Approval from the action bar.
- All the content you send for approval will change from "Draft" status to "Pending Approval." You can learn more about the content workflow in this article.
- Your stakeholders will receive an email notification when you send content for review. The email includes a login link that takes them into their approval queue.
- In the Notification Center "🔔," you can check if an approver has requested changes or approved. Click on the Content ID # to access the editor and see the edits.
- When someone requests changes, the content status changes from Pending Approval to Revision. When content is in revision status, you can make changes and send content back for final approval. To learn more about managing change or edit requests from stakeholders, click here.
- Gain tracks all the activity, such as comments or revisions made by stakeholders in the Activity section of the content and the approval process in the Approval section. You'll see the user's name under each round, accompanied by a color that indicates the status:
- Orange if the person requested changes.
- Yellow when content is pending their approval.
- Green after they've approved.
Click here to learn more about sending content for approval and monitoring progress.
Schedule & Publish Content
Once your content is approved, Gain auto-schedules and takes care of publishing for you. You can schedule content by clicking on Schedule if you skip the approval process.
To learn more about scheduling for specific social channels, click here.
You can explore our help center to learn more about Gain or contact our Customer Success team for a personalized training session. If you have questions, you can chat with us or email email@example.com. We're here to make your transition to Gain as smooth as possible! 👋🏽