Content creators guide
In this article:
- Accepting an invitation to join the account
- Creating and managing content or social posts for your brand(s)
- Sending content for approval and receiving change requests
- Publishing content
Gain brings content and approvals together in one place. With all your marketing assets in one place, regardless of where you need to publish them or which team worked on them, you and your stakeholders can see the big picture. Think of Gain as your team’s automated traffic manager, notifying the right people at the right time, gathering feedback from everyone, and moving the process along until everything is approved and published.
Before you get started
There can be multiple brands under a single Gain account. Brands will contain file folders, and social channels–all your files and social posts show up in a calendar or list view.
By default, team members join brands as Publishers. Publishers can create, edit, and export content. Additionally, they can send content for approval to other users, receive content to approve and review, schedule, and publish social posts.
Step 1. Accept an invitation to join the account
You’ll receive an invitation to join an account when someone from your team invites you to collaborate on Gain. Clicking on this invitation will take you to Gain to set up your password. After creating a password, Gain will redirect you to the account’s dashboard, where you’ll see all the brands the account owner gave you access to manage.
Note: If you don’t receive an invitation via email, check your spam folder or reach out to email@example.com. You can also double-check with your IT team to make sure emails coming from @gainapp.com aren’t blacklisted.
Step 2. Create & manage content or social posts for your brand(s)
All your content is displayed in the calendar or as columns in the list view, making it easy for everyone on your team to manage content and be on the same page.
Note: If you need to create new brands, create file folders, or connect social channels, get in touch with an account administrator.
- + New Content: Create social posts, or upload files to a file folder.
- Action bar: Draft, schedule, repost, duplicate, or publish posts from any connected profiles.
- Filters: Show content by status, tags, date, formats, and folders or channels. Filters will remain on as you toggle between views or even if you log out of Gain and come back, so make sure to click Reset to Default when you’re done using filters.
- Status: After an approval process begins, Gain will place content in a status color for each stage your content is in at any given time (Pending Approval, Revisions, Scheduled, etc.)
Step 3. Send content for approval and receive change requests
When you’re ready to send content for review, click To Approval from the action bar. You can only send content for approval that has been saved as a draft or is under revision.
In the Approval section, below each approver's name, you can see any changes they've requested.
You’ll see the user’s name under each round, accompanied by a color that indicates the status:
- Orange if the person requested changes
- Yellow when content is pending their approval
- Green after they’ve approved
Once you've edited your content, you can renotify them so they can review and approve. You can also override a colleague’s approval when needed. Here’s how:
- Renotify Approvers: Click Renotify Approvers after making the changes requested by an approver. Gain will send the newest version of a file or social post for their approval again.
- Mark Approved: Click on Mark Approved to override a user’s approval. You’ll have to add a note explaining why you’re overriding this person’s approval.
Another thing you can do during the revision process is to ask approvers for clarifications or follow-up questions. When you ask a question, Gain will send the content back for the person’s approval again and change the content status to Pending Approval.
To ask a question, head to the Approval tab, and type your question in the box right below their name and then click Ask Question.
Your client or colleague can see your question next time they log in to approve content.
In the Notification Center (🔔), you can check if an approver has requested a revision for the content you’ve created. Click on the Content ID # to access the editor and see their requests.
Note: You’ll receive email notifications whenever there are revisions too. See other notifications Gain sends you under Notification Preferences (⚙️).
What’s an automated approval workflow?
An approval workflow allows you to add people into one or more rounds of approval and automate your approval process. All approval workflows are like templates with special rules that you can save and reuse each time you need to send content for approval.
With Approval Workflows:
- You can add as many approvers and rounds as you need
- You decide who approves what and in what order
- Content moves automatically to the next person for review, revisions, or approval
Important: Only account owners and administrators can create Approval Workflows. As a Publisher, you’re able to send content for approval using an existing approval workflow.
After content is approved, Gain will auto-schedule all your social posts and leave files in Approved status. Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter posts are all published automatically via Gain.
Publishing to Instagram
To publish posts on Instagram, you’ll need to use Gain Notify, a Gain companion mobile app for iOS and Android.
Ensure an account administrator assigns you as the manual publisher for Instagram so that you can receive reminders when it’s time to post. They can set a manual publishing user in Brand Settings > Social Channels > Instagram settings.
Scheduled Instagram posts show up in the Gain Notify app at the exact date and time you specified in the calendar.
You’ll receive a push notification and an email when it’s time to publish.
All posts, including text descriptions, are automatically sent from Gain to Gain Notify so that you can post to Instagram from your mobile smoothly and quickly.
For a complete guide on creating and scheduling to Instagram with Gain, click here.
There’s a lot to discover as you move along your first 30 days with Gain. To explore more ways to use Gain, check out our Help Center or reach out to our customer success team to ask questions, schedule an onboarding, or say hi. 👋🏽